Friday, July 23, 2010

Sempoi Quickie Chocolate Muffins

My family (esp kids) are almost chocoholic. Found this ease-my-life mini chocolate muffin recipe from a book that I bought for just $2 sometime ago. I've tried a few recipes & it turned out wonderful. Made these muffins (just now) in about 40 mins (including baking time). But I didn't make it mini though, made them large muffin size, so I doubled all the ingredients :)

For 12 mini size muffin:

60g uslated butter (I used the normal butter), diced
60g plain cooking chocolate (I used dark choc), roughly chopped

- melt both ingredients in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (err .. i melted them directly in a pan, u can also do it in microwave, not too long though the chocs can burnt), set aside

2 medium eggs (I've got extra large, so i used 3 since I doubled the amount, if not, 1 maybe alrite)
100g castor sugar (I used only 75g)
100g self-raising flour (yeay! no need for baking powder / soda etc)
30g cocoa powder, sifted

chocolate chips / 100s & 1000s / nuts for topping

- Preheat oven 180'c
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, beat with hand mixer / mixer / by hand for about 1 minute till well combined
- fold in chocolate & butter mixture, slowly till well mixed
- spoon into muffin cases (in tray)
- deco / sprinkle with any toppings of your choice
- bake for about 20 minutes or until skewer / cake tester comes out clean
- cool on wire racks

The recipe suggested to drizzle with Mocha Sauce, didn't try it though coz the girls don't like coffee that much

150g plain chocolate, roughly cjopped
90ml espresso or other strong good coffee
150ml double / thickened cream

- place chocolate, espresso & 4 tablespoons of cream in a small pan over low heat
- simmer till sauce has thickened
- whisk remaining cream till thickened
- drizzle mocha sauce & cream over the muffin or anyway you like ...

Happy trying ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment