Friday, July 16, 2010
Sempoi Butter Cake with Lemon Icing
Made this sometime ago, the recipe is simple & really nice .. :)
250gm Butter (soften: to soften butter, put in microwave for 20 seconds only)
1 1/4 cups Caster sugar
2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
2 cups Self raising flour (sifted)
1/2 cup Milk (liquid)
- Preheat oven 180'c / 160'c fan forced, lightly grease baking pan
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and caster sugar till pale and creamy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla essence.
- Fold in flour alternately with milk.
- Spoon into pan and bake for 55 minutes or until tested with skewer.
1 1/2 cups Icing sugar
1 lemon Grated zest
50 gm Butter soften
1 1/2 tbs Lemon juice
- sift sugar into medium bowl, add in lemon zest and butter mix till smooth, stir in juice
- spread on top of butter cake