Saturday, July 17, 2010
Sempoi Peanut Butterscotch Cake
A great recipe especially for you who love crunchy peanuts :)
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoon honey
11/2 cups chopped peanuts
12/3 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- lightly grease a square cake tin and line base w baking paper
- to make topping, melt butter + sugars + honey in a saucepan over medium heat, stir in peanuts. once well mixed pour & press into cake tin and let it set for a while.
- meanwhile, preheat oven 180'c.
- to make cake, sift flour w salt & baking powder.
- rub in butter into flour then add sugar & mix.
- make well in center and add in beaten eggs, add milk & vanilla essence & mix well.
- spread cake mixture over peanuts topping.
- bake for 50 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
- once cooked, take out from oven and turn out immediately onto a rack, remove paper if sticks to topping.
- press lightly topping onto cake and let it cool. topping will set in position as it cools then cut to serve.
* it may sound kind of complicated hehe but its quite an ok process ... x worries
Happy trying ... :)